The hiking trails in this section are as easy as boiling water. Check back for updates and new trails.
Leave a comment when you’ve done it! Excited to hear about your adventures.
- Hiking Chula Vista: Mother Miguel/ “Rock House”Is Mother Miguel hiking trail open? YES, from sunrise to sunset. After seeing so many hikers post their infamous Rock House photo, I decided it was time to check out the Mother Miguel hiking trail […]
- Ultimate Guide: Eagle Rock San DiegoEagle Rock is a great family friendly hike in Warner Springs. It’s great because you don’t have to squint or look at it a certain way to see the Eagle, like some other rock formations. […]
- 5 Peak Challenge- Mission Trails Regional ParkWhat is the 5 Peak Challenge? If you just moved to San Diego, one of the first hikes you’ll probably do is Cowles Mountain. It’s a great first hike if you’re new to the area. […]
- Dog Friendly Hikes in San DiegoAs a dog owner myself, I understand the feeling of wanting to take your dog everywhere. You’ll find plenty of dog friendly hikes in San Diego. Just remember to always check the weather before hiking […]
- Locals Guide: Hiking Torrey PinesTorrey Pines Reserve has officially re-opened! Torrey Pines hiking trails offer endless views of the San Diego coast and cooler temperatures because of the ocean breeze. Out of the 8 well marked hiking trails my […]
- Hiking Etiquette 101If you’re new to hiking in San Diego, welcome! Before you go on your next hike, I highly suggest you read this through. This page serves as a friendly reminder on how to properly share […]
- Black Mountain Summit Hiking TrailBlack Mountain Summit is perfect for beginners looking for a bit of a challenge. Located in Rancho Penasquitos, Black Mountain Summit is only 4 miles roundtrip making this hiking trail a shortie but a goodie! […]
- Father Junipero Serra Trail/ Old Mission DamNOW OPEN Only 15 min away from downtown San Diego, Mission Trails Regional Park is a great place to getaway for a few hours filled with tons of hiking trails ranging in difficulty. Father Junipero […]
- Mushroom House/ Black’s Beach, La JollaNOW OPEN If you’re looking for an easy hike to the beach, this one is for you! Only 1/2 mile to the beach and the pathway is paved. Once you reach the beach, if you […]
- Torrey Pines Beach TrailThis hike has stellar ocean views, dolphin sightings, and the trails are well marked and maintained. There is a ton of signage so you won’t get lost. Torrey Pines Natural Reserve has many different trails […]