The hiking trails in this section are as easy as boiling water. Check back for updates and new trails.
Leave a comment when you’ve done it! Excited to hear about your adventures.
- Hiking Iron MountainIron Mountain is a 6 mile out and back hike located in Poway. It’s easily accessible, free, dog friendly, and offers great views at the summit. For these reasons, Iron Mountain has become one of … Read more
- San Diego Swimming HolesSan Diego truly has everything. Just 45 minutes away from the beach you’ll find natural swimming holes in San Diego’s state park. These hikes range in distance and difficulty so there’s something for everyone here. … Read more
- Local’s Guide: Green Valley Falls HikeFrom one local to another, Green Valley Falls is one of San Diego’s best hidden gems. Only 45 minutes from downtown, these swimming holes in San Diego make for a perfect Saturday adventure with friends … Read more
- Hiking Annie’s Canyon Trail (Local’s Guide)Annie’s Slot Canyon hiking trail is a family friendly 1.5 mile trail located in the San Elijo Lagoon. Annie’s Canyon is known for its unique slot canyons and ocean views. It’s an easy, family friendly … Read more
- Hike Mission Trails Visitor Center LoopMission Trails Visitor Center Loop is the perfect introduction to hiking the 8,000 acre park. With over 60 miles of hiking trails there’s something for everyone. Visitors Center Loop is an easy, family friendly hike … Read more
- Ultimate Hiking Gear List for BeginnersThis post will give you a full hiking gear list for beginners. I’ve hiked countless miles all over San Diego and summited Mt Whitney in 2021. I speak from experience when I provide gear recommendations. … Read more
- Wildflower Trail at Diamond Valley LakeIf you’re looking for an easy hike to spot wildflowers during the Superbloom, then Wildflower Trail at Diamond Valley Lake might just be for you! At 2.1 miles, this is a relatively short hike filled … Read more
- Best Hikes in North County San DiegoThe hiking scene in north county San Diego is very diverse. There’s hiking trails with ocean views, lakes, slot canyons, and in the wilderness. They range in difficulty and distance so there’s something for everyone … Read more
- Hiking Lake Poway TrailLake Poway Trail offers gorgeous views of the lake and surrounding mountains. Many people come here to hike Lake Poway Loop but there are many other things to do besides hiking. This guide will go … Read more
- Lake Calavera Hiking TrailLake Calavera hiking trail is a family and dog friendly hike located in Carlsbad. Lake Calavera hiking trail features a diverse landscape including wetlands and rolling hills. The best part is the extinct volcano! This … Read more