The hiking trails in this section are as easy as boiling water. Check back for updates and new trails.
Leave a comment when you’ve done it! Excited to hear about your adventures.
- Hiking Annie’s Canyon Trail (2022 Guide)Annie’s Canyon hiking trail is a family friendly 1.5 mile trail located in the San Elijo Lagoon. Annie’s Canyon is known for its unique slot canyons and ocean views. It’s an easy family friendly hike […]
- How To Help Kids Hike Happier In 8 WaysBy: Janice Moskoff, owner of Gather & Go Travel There’s plenty of trails in San Diego, ranging in difficulty and distance. There’s something for everyone, including families. Hiking with kids is a major transition, so […]
- Hiking Chula Vista: Mother Miguel/ “Rock House”Is Mother Miguel hiking trail open? YES, from sunrise to sunset. After seeing so many hikers post their infamous Rock House photo, I decided it was time to check out the Mother Miguel hiking trail […]
- Ultimate Guide: Eagle Rock San DiegoEagle Rock is a great family friendly hike in Warner Springs. It’s great because you don’t have to squint or look at it a certain way to see the Eagle, like some other rock formations. […]
- 5 Peak Challenge- Mission Trails Regional ParkWhat is the 5 Peak Challenge? If you just moved to San Diego, one of the first hikes you’ll probably do is Cowles Mountain. It’s a great first hike if you’re new to the area. […]
- Dog Friendly Hikes in San DiegoAs a dog owner myself, I understand the feeling of wanting to take your dog everywhere. You’ll find plenty of dog friendly hikes in San Diego. Just remember to always check the weather before hiking […]
- Locals Guide: Hiking Torrey PinesTorrey Pines Reserve is a beautiful place to hike just off the coast in San Diego. Torrey Pines hiking trails offer endless views of the ocean and cooler temperatures because of the ocean breeze. Out […]
- Hiking Etiquette 101If you’re new to hiking in San Diego, welcome! Before you go on your next hike, I highly suggest you read this through. This page serves as a friendly reminder on how to properly share […]
- Black Mountain Summit Hiking TrailBlack Mountain Summit is perfect for beginners looking for a bit of a challenge. Located in Rancho Penasquitos, Black Mountain Summit is only 4 miles roundtrip making this hiking trail a shortie but a goodie! […]
- Father Junipero Serra Trail/ Old Mission DamNOW OPEN Only 15 min away from downtown San Diego, Mission Trails Regional Park is a great place to getaway for a few hours filled with tons of hiking trails ranging in difficulty. Father Junipero […]