Only 15 min away from downtown San Diego, Mission Trails Regional Park is a great place to getaway for a few hours filled with tons of hiking trails ranging in difficulty.
Father Junipero Serra Trail is paved from start to finish, making it extremely easy and enjoyable. There are countless trails you will find off this paved path so you can always come back and discover a new hike!
Here are the deets–
- Trailhead: 1 Father Junipero Serra Trail
- Distance: 4 miles round trip
- Dog friendly: This hike is approved by Leo himself (my fur baby)
- Parking: Parking is now open at 50% capacity. There’s also plenty of parking in the nearby neighborhoods.
- The earlier the better! Gets real hot real quick, especially in the summer.
- Pack a lunch. There’s picnic tables by the dam
- Note that gates to the parking lots close at 7pm! If you’re not back in time your car will be locked in over night.
Post-hike lunch/ beer: San Diego Brewing Co is only 7 min away from the trail head.